Here are a few notes and links from this week…
- I think I’m an 80%’er. From Simple Bits:
- […] I mentioned a fantastic book: Let My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard. Yvon founded the expensive-but-awesome clothing company, Patagonia.
[…] The book covers the history of the company, Yvon’s philosophy on design, and being a reluctant business owner. It’s a great read, with a lot of insightful head-nodding.
- One part stood out in particular, when Chouinard talks about how he sees himself as an “80 percenter”:
- I’ve always thought of myself as an 80 percenter. I like to throw myself passionately into a sport or activity until I reach 80 percent proficiency level. To go beyond that requires an obsession and degree of specialization that doesn’t appeal to me.
- Jimmy Kimmel and Sarah Silverman are dating, but perhaps not much longer! 🙂 (From the Elapsed Time blog.)
- And Matt Damon’s done this kind of thing before… here’s a clip from the film Eurotrip:
- This is not something I would want to run into, even if it has been extinct for ~390 million years.